Saturday, August 8, 2009

My first Big Sky State Games


Heather(left) and her friend(right), they were in a triathlon Sunday morning. They swam at 6:30 a.m. in Lake Elmo. (Heather and I swim together on the Master's swim team)


Running to swim her second lap! Wow, I hope to some day to this sport. It is truly a test of one's endurance. Way to go Heather!




I was doing the 200 breast stroke-4 laps or 8 lengths of the pool

It looks like I am going to take a bite out of someone!

I wanted to post some of the pictures of swimming at the State Games. The last two pictures a friend gave me some pictures she took of me, so I snapped a picture of them from my camera. They are a bit blurry. My sister-in-law's dad, took some pictures of us and I hope to get the disc from him so I can switch to some better pictures.

I have been swimming for a Master's team for the last 6 months. I love it, the people and the coaches. I have improved greatly and was very nervous to be in a competition, but I am so glad I did. My times improved but I have to laugh at the first picture. I entered in 8 events and received 8 gold medals because I was the only one in my age bracket that swam. I swam against other woman, but they gave awards in each age division. My mom was so proud of me, she wanted to take a picture of me. I had a cheering section, my parents, Jen and Jaxson, Cynde and Karen, and my family. Thanks for coming!