Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The big Owie!



My poor baby had to get stitches yesterday. We took a walk yesterday afternoon and Zeb had fight with the pavement. (He fell off his bike) Well you can guess who or in this case what won. I was thinking it was no big deal until I saw his chin literally dripping blood. This momma does not do well with blood. I instantly started getting woozy. Thank heavens Stu Davis was out chopping wood (I was just talking with him) and he came to the rescue. In fact, it was totally amazing I had 2 other gals stop to help. One of the gals went to pick up Tayna who is a nurse. She said he definitely needed stitches. Another gal offered to take me home to get my purse and take Zeb and I to the hospital while Tayna (the nurse) took the rest of the kids home with her. I could barely think straight so anything sounded good to me. I remember getting my purse and actually clutching my purse trying desperately not to faint. (Oh a horrible feeling) As soon as we were in the ER I felt so much better because there were people to help my babe.

Oh I have heard other people say that boys get tons of scraps and broken bones, but ugh! I hope this is the only time, I don't handle it well. I couldn't even watch him get the stitches in. I just held his hand and sat on a chair by his head. Nathan thought it looked pretty cool. At least one of us can handle it. Also, I am so blessed to have wonderful and caring neighbors! They were amazing. It was as if God knew I couldn't handle the situation by myself and He gave me people to help. Thank you God!

Today we are going to go for another walk and I had Hannelora get water and snacks ready. Beside all the food was 3 boxes of bandaids she put into the bag. Oh well, at least she is going to keep me accountable! I had a good chuckle.

2 comments:

The Ferguson's Plus Four said...

Oh, ouch!! Sounds like you handled it very well, considering! Glad to hear he is better.

Cynde said...

Way to be prepared, Hannelora! You're a good big sis and a great help to Mom!!