Monday, December 31, 2012

Pictures of GAPS food for 2 weeks

 close up look some of the veggies- we are going to eat butter squash, nobodies fav.  

 I was hoping you could see the writing, but this lovely picture is cod.  GULP!  I am going to suck it up and try some fish.  

 Another bain of mine, the brussel sprout!  However, I tried it a new way for Christmas and it was delicious!  



This beauty is called celery root.  Never had it, but it is in a recipe.  Another new item we have never tried is the parsnip.  Boy these next two weeks are going to be interesting!
 This is all of it and I only spent an extra $100.  Not bad... At least until I get accustomed to prices.


Our meat side, minus the venison and chicken (already had in the freezer)
hotdogs (yes, we can have them as long as they are the right ones) bacon, ground turkey, roast and pork.  I think there is about 14 dozen eggs in the back ground. 

Unfortunately, I picked New Year's Eve Day to do my main shopping.  It took forever!  I have enough food for 3 meals a day/2 weeks.  Here are some examples:

Breakfast:  slow cooker baked apples/ eggs

Lunch:  Chicken and Kiwi salad over tomato slices

Dinner:  Roast/ green beans/ alond flour pumpkin muffins

Sweets/ Snacks:  muffins

Breakfast:  Savory Yogurt

Lunch:  Asian Lettuce wrap

Dinner:  Hot dogs/ brussel sprouts slaw

sweets snack:  Pear custard


No comments: