Monday, November 11, 2013

Food and Ferments....

I actually made them!  I am so proud of myself.  Fermented food has wonderful and beneficial bacteria in them.  As much as I hate them, I have 3 kids asking for them almost daily.  So I figured I should make them myself and see what they think.  Also a friend emailed me some recipes and I thought I would try some of them.  Really good.  My kids love salad and man did they love the grapefruit in it. 

Orange Chicken and lettuce, avocado and grapefruit salad with Italian dressing.  
Yum!



Shepherd's pie with cauliflower as the potatoes.  Honestly, I had to add some extra stuff to the the meat mixture like tomato paste and cheese.  Also, I prefer the the cauliflower on top over regular potatoes. 

Dilly Carrots

Whey from my kiefer I also added dill seed, garlic and sea salt

 Ketchup also has whey
 kimchi - all of these need to sit out for 2-4 days to ferment and then I can put them in the refrigerator to eat.



December 30, 2014
PS:  My kids hated them....  Fortunately, my brother actually asked for them when he was here last week and I gave him what I had.  It was either him or the chickens....  hee, hee!

No comments: