Sunday, February 3, 2013

Not a fan of Super Bowl, but I am of brussel sprouts!

Oh my!  I have always hated brussel sprouts.  As a young girl I would pout and plug my nose.  I would sit at the table forever, refusing to eat them.  Unfortunately, my mom won.  I even tried them about 6 months ago roasted with olive oil and garlic at my mom's house.  Nope.  I really think my taste buds have changed.  In fact, Hannelora and I were talking today how we actually like squash.  It is a miracle.  I sure do miss the other food, but at least we are trying foods we would never try before and actually love.  Maybe I will try lima beans next.  I doubt it, that bean is definitely not worth trying!
Thurs. night:  Pork and Brussel Sprout Stir-fry:  I did add rice noodles



Friday night:  hamburgers/cheese/ mushrooms and onions

hamburgers and cheese for the kids

 and of course we can't forget the salad


 Today I needed to cook as much as I could for the following few weeks so here it is.  I am not trying to say I am some Suzy home maker- I am trying to show how much work is involved.

Before church this morning:  I made GAPS granola
  favorite protein bars

 After church and lunch:  I baked these two beautiful chickens.  The kids took the meat off the bones for me.  Bjorn and Analise love the skin, so we saved it for them as a snack.  I later put the bones in a crockpot to make Chicken broth.


A beautiful day, Nathan is teaching them to use their bows they received for Christmas.  


6 servings of chili, I made 3 meals out of it.


 Sausage Lentil Soup- 2 meals

 another favorite- banana bread
 doubled the recipe, this will be gone in 4 days.  We used 12 eggs for this.

Hannelora scoops out the spaghetti squash

 for spaghetti- we are going to eat this for lunches
 

Super bowl dinner-  Italian broccoli bake
Pretty tasty, just a little watery.   I stayed home to finish up my cooking.  Hannelora and the boys stayed home with me.  Nathan is at his parents watching the game.  Now I am going to relax and watch a BBC movie on Netflix.  So far my favorite movie from them is Downton Abbey.  I want to get the other episodes.
 





No comments: