Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ups and Downs



I have had my ups and downs this week.  I think most of the time I am fighting against myself about GAPS more than anyone.  I think one of the main reasons is I restricted food from myself for so long, I made amends with it and now I don't want to restrict food again.  I want to enjoy it.  I don't want to ostracize my family from others either.  Heaven forbid, I had my grandma's funeral last Friday and I didn't go to the lunch.  I could have brought my own food, but with six of us, that involves so much to be prepared for.   I don't want to be legalistic about everything.  I mean GAPS can't be an all or nothing right?  If so, I have failed.  So somehow, I have to find the middle ground for our family.  I am still searching...  

Anyway, here are some more meals that turned out really good!

Tortilla-less Chicken Soup

 Black Hills Golden Egg Bake.  Oh so yummy!  We ate this for dinner, but it would be perfect for breakfast.  No leftovers...


Asian Chicken Spring Rolls
 Zeb and Bjorn helping
 Yummy!
 Hot and Sour Soup- of course the kids picked out the mushrooms, more for me!
 Peanut Butter Bites- the kids loved this...  All it is 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, 1 cup coconut oil and 1/4 c. honey.  Freeze until solid and cut.  Keep in freezer.
I did make winter squash bars for breakfast, but I forgot to take a picture.  They are one of my favorites for sure.  They tasted like the pumpkin pie without the crust.  I will post the picture when I  make them again, which will be very soon.  The ingredients were: pumpkin/eggs/vanilla/cinn./little bit of honey/salt.  Sooooo good! 

No comments: