Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer.... My favorite time of the year!

I love summer!  Heat, sun, pool, time with friends, less school....Ahhhhh!   I have been doing really well, (except this week, I got the cold that was running around my household for the last 2 weeks).
How fast summer flies when one spends mornings doing reading and math, going to the Y with the kids to work out every few days, going to the Oasis or Lake Elmo 2-3 times a week.  I feel so rejuvenated hanging out with friends.  I feel so isolated in the winter, I need my quality time with people. 

I am not sure if it is because of the summer, but the food prep isn't all that bad.  Yes, I still get tired of cooking, but I also think we are getting use to not missing the food we had to cut.  We talk about possibly getting off Gaps in Jan.  My kids need a goal and another 6-7 months seems attainable instead of another full year.  I think we will continue to eat very similarly to this any way.  I won't go back to boxed cereals again or boxed meals like mac and cheese.  The kids continue to ask if we can have this or that meal when we are off GAPS and I say of course. 

I haven't felt so good emotionally and physically in a long time.  I have been gearing up for the Big Sky State Triathlon.  I seem to be fine when I skip my amino acids every now and then.  Which is fantastic.  Who knew I would be off anti-depressants so soon.  I am very grateful.  One other great news, Bjorn is almost potty trained at night!  He has slowly been doing better since we finished Intro.  He may wet the bed 1-2 times a week.  When we went camping a few weeks ago, Nathan told everyone he actually likes GAPS.  I never thought I would here this come out of his lips.  I would never have believed a high fat/high protein diet would have a good affect on us.  Especially coming from someone with an eating disorder.  This alone, proves how well I am doing!  Yea!

Our new favorite breakfast.  Omelets!  The kids love to decide what to put into them.  It is crazy how we still love eggs. 
cheese and a few red peppers
 Cozi just sticks with regular scrambled eggs with cheese.
 Bjorn loves to help cook...
 cheese, green onions, onion, garlic powder and parsley
 Hannelora and I have the works! 




This is what 2 1/2 packages of hot dogs looks like.  And there are none left.  I am so happy they make them without nitrates and nitrites.  We have them almost every weekend!
 Of course, we can't eat them without mustard and our homemade ketchup- store bought has sugar

I almost bought pickles and looked on the ingredient list, who knew there was yellow food coloring in it.  I guess I will be making my own this summer.  

One of our easiest lunches ever, chicken stir-fry!  I love the rotisserie chickens at Costco.  
 Last week I made vanilla chocolate chip (carob chips) ice cream.  Amazing!  I am so excited, I decided to get 2 gallons of milk a week so I can have more cream and milk for the kids to drink.

No comments: