Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hannelora's has dyscalculia

About 2 weeks ago, I called Independent School to get Hannelora checked out for her math.  They called me right away and began testing her.  I really do like the school and the staff.  Finally, all of Hannelora's testing is done and we now know she has a math learning disability.  It really doesn't come as a shock.  What made me relieved is the school psychologist told me it wasn't anything I was doing wrong with her, so I should 'take the monkey off my back'.  Cute expression, although I feel much relieved.  I was beginning to wonder if it was my teaching, with 3 dyslexic children and now Hannelora's learning disability, I am beginning to get overwhelmed.  I just wonder how I am going to manage next year.  I am only one person.  Of course, I am going in thinking all this with a very exhausted brain.  It is the end of the year and I am plumb tired.  I would like to take a vacation from cooking, teaching and even parenting.  Alas, I cannot.  I am however, going to take a week off after the 24th from school.   No new pictures as of right now.  I am sure there will be some around the corner.  Nathan's birthday is Monday.  I am very excited.  I actually have a few gift ideas for him.  I usually don't... So it should be fun.

No comments: