Saturday, May 18, 2013

You never know what may come...

Wow, what a day!  I went birthday shopping for Nathan and Bjorn.  I am so happy, I actually have some ideas!  Since Easter, they both have mastered Perplexus, I got Epic Perplexus for them.  Bjorn carries the ball around with him wherever he goes.  It is so cute to see him actually doing the maze.  Nathan wanted a seasoned 12" steel skillet.  So I got that.  A skillit!  $44 worth!  At least he can't burn it in the fire!  I also bought him some rubber type targets that you actually shoot but they can't have bullet holes pass through them.  So he can use them over and over!  Bjorn loves music so much, I bought him the New Toby Mac CD. 

Then I went to MSU-B to swim.  Our coach called some of us to swim while Jordan gets interviewed by KULR-8.  She is going to be featured on Athlete of the Week this Wed.  She went to the Nationals Swim Meet somewhere down south.  (I can't remember)  She is an amazing swimmer.  Anyway they wanted us to swim to look like our regular swim time in the morning.  So I swam, no big deal.  When I got out of the pool they told me we all would be interviewed.  No way!  I don't public speak!   I would have an Art Therapy job if I didn't have to take speech class.  I eventually caved in.  Besides it was suppose to promote our wonderful swim group.  Well, I started out fine, but half-way through I forgot the question and from there I was self conscious.  Now I kick myself all over after thinking of things I should have said.  Oh well shoulda, woulda, coulda.  The best part is, I probably looked totally silly, because we didn't get a chance to do our hair.  I looked like a wet rat with my hair parted down the middle or worse.  We no longer get cable, so I don't think our regular free shows are accessible.  So I will have to check it on-line, if they have it.  But then again, I might not want to.  I really don't care what I look like ordinarily, but I really am insecure how thin I am.  I was very self conscience.  At least I brought a zip-up sweatshirt and pants.  I guess, I can say it is definitely a learning experience to get out of your comfort zone.  The worst thing that could happen to me is looking silly.   Well, I am prepared...

No comments: