Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Power Outage

Last Sunday we had the power out from 3-7.  It was kinda nice.  Being a person who likes a schedule, I think I would have enjoyed it much more if I knew how many hours we would be out of electricity.  Silly me, things just don't work like that.  We had a wood stove, candles and a grill.  We were set.  I even played Apples to Apples with the kids and a few rounds of Speed (cards) with Nathan.  I whooped his bum!  (It was his first time playing.  I had played against my bro ans sis for years, so I am pretty speedy even by candle light;)  )

We were going to go to the Home Improvement Show at 3.  Nathan was waiting for me to finish some of my cooking and baking.  I finished the chili, spaghetti, and was working on the banana bread Analise was mixing.  I ended up telling Nathan not to wait for me.  In the mean time, it was sleeting and thundering outside.  Strange weather.  That is when the power went out.  We obviously, stayed at home.  We grilled hotdogs/ veg/ and made boxed macaroni  (shhhhh!~)  Well, I paid for it later.  I had a major stomach ache that night.  I didn't sleep until 2.  The next morning I had diarrhea.  It is now Wednesday and I still suffer every now and then with a stomach ache or heart burn.  It is kind of nice to know my body tells me things I need to stay away from.  Today, I have been drinking hot water with ginger in it.  Amazing how well it works.  

No new pictures yet.  I am going to the nutritionist next Wed.  She mailed a  food diary to fill out.  Oh happy day.  I do not like to make lists of what I eat.  It is a past thing I use to do when I was caught up in the eating disorder.  I just have to tell myself this is a good thing.  So here I go!

No comments: