Friday, March 22, 2013

The Mood Cure

I am reading The Mood Cure by Julia Ross.  Since I began intro, I stopped taking my antidepressants.  I wanted to get more healing.  I am way more agitated, irritable, short tempered and edgy.   Just ask my kids!  I seriously think I was going to start twitching.  So I needed to either go back on my antidepressants or  do something else.  Teresa and Stacey introduced me to this book.  It is about supplementing amino acids for depression, anxiety, concentration, poor sleep, lethargy etc.  Even though GAPS is high protein, (amino acids are stored in the gut) with gut problems many GAPS people are low anyway.   There are 4 questionnaires.  I am very high on two of them.  I have decided to try one type of amino acid at a time however.  I am taking 5-htp.  I am not sure if I feel much better except I do sleep better.  Even better than I do with my herbal sleeping pill.   Nathan and I began taking them Tuesday the 19th.  3 nights, 2 days.  The waiting game...

I am sure I didn't do intro the way I should have because I finished in about 8 days.  I am a testimony that GAPS does heal.  I rarely have stomach pain, maybe a little gurgling every now and then.  I am still considering doing the kids in April.  Maybe not in the beginning of the month, I need to start making more broths and soups.  Probably in the same amount of time as well.


Tuesday, I ate 3 eggs cooked in ghee, broth and fruit.


Chicken stir fry with chicken broth.   Very tastey


 May 20th

This week has been crazy busy.  Hannelora and Analise turn 12 & 7.  They get to choose what meals they want.  Hannelora wanted sausage, winter squash bars and fruit.  For lunch: Oriental chicken salad.  Dinner: spaghetti with spaghetti squash.





 Unfortunately, we had to hurry and eat (all week- not easy when trying to prepare everything from scratch under a time crunch) because Hannelora and daddy have hunters safety all week. 6:30-9:30 p.m.

making a wish
 carrot cake with no frosting
I was going to make a cream cheese frosting by dripping my yogurt and then adding honey.  It turned out watery and I didn't have time to start over.  However none of us missed out because the cake was awesome.
 Grandma Carol bought Hannelora and Analise 3 Easter egg chickens (they lay colored eggs)
 yesterday morning I found them sitting and holding the baby chicks
 The only time Cozi likes chickens- when they are babies!

 Of course, Analise likes anything to do with babies.
Her and Hannelora are still debating on names at this time.  Hannelora is thinking of peanut as one.






 Breakfast: same as Hannelora    lunch:  blt salads  dinner: pizza

 German chocolate cake!  So good!

Zeb is lighting the candle for sis.
 blowing out her candle
 The girls hemmed and hawed about what they wanted to do for their birthdays.  They never did decide what they wanted to do.  My friend Jen came over and I saw her beautiful nails and she told me they were from jamberry nails.  Her mom is a consultant so I decided this would be a perfect thing.  We shall see what they pick out.  So cute!


4 comments:

My Snapshot said...

Rich will be so excited to hear about the chicks. Seriously. He worries what you will do when the chickens stop laying eggs! :) Sharmi

My Snapshot said...

Rich will be so relieved to know you got chicks. Seriously! He looks out the window and wonders what will happen when the chickens stop laying eggs. And this happens on a regular basis. :) Sharmi

Momma's5 said...

That's too cute. Tell Rich he can come and visit the chicks whenever. Also let him know they can lay for quite a few years. He still will be the first we call to take care of them!

Jeannie Sweeney said...

We have 16 Easter Eggers!