Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Another week

I am still waiting....  waiting for the spirit of joy, birds singing in the back round and an easy, stressless day.  Ha!  Ha!  I think I would have found myself living on another planet.  Seriously though, it is slow going.  I feel slightly less edgy but that is it.  I also added Gaba another amino acid which helps with relaxation and eases nervous tension.  Hee, hee, hee that is totally not me!  I want it to be.  So I guess I will be waiting some more.  I am finding reasons why my body kept getting sick,  one of them is endorphin deficiency.  So I am looking in on an amino acid called DPA which helps with being too sensitive and sadness.  Some of it is from my genetics, I cried all the time.  Almost everyone picture of me I am bawling my eyeballs out.  I am an emotionally sensitive creation!  The way I have lived my life I have created too much prolonged stress which depleted my endorphins.   I love my children, but having a child every 2 years for 10 years with an eating disorder was a drainer on my body.  Also, not allowing my body to rest and relax, exercising to train for this or that has taken their toll.  God has created my body wonderfully but as a flawed human being I have not honored it the way I should have.  Quite humbling really.  Who knew GAPS would take me on such a journey about myself? 

I have been fighting a cold for the last 2 weeks and I thought I would get it for sure this week. To my amazement I am still feeling fine.  This may seem uneventful to many people, but for me this is amazing. 

On another note, if there was an amino acid which helps with pain I would take it in a heartbeat. Who knows there are 21 or 22 of them!   I went to the dentist on Monday and found the tooth they were watching was a pretty bad cavity.  They weren't sure if I would need a root canal.  I have only had 1 other cavity in my entire life, which turned into a root canal. Let me tell you it was horrible.  I wasn't worried, why be? I had to get it fixed anyway.  Well they ended up putting a pulp cap on.  What on earth is a pulp cap? To me it was just as bad as a root canal, well except for the yanking the roots out part.  I had tears streaming down my eyes and I was shaking all over.  Thank goodness they were oblivious to me.  I came out at a quarter to 10 in the morning and I was in pain until bedtime.  I even alternated between tylenol and ibuprofen. I am a pansy!  How could I have had 5 children?  Oh yeah, 4 of them I had drugs to cope!  Ha! Ha! Ha!

Kale chips
 they make a wonderful snack- I am going to try growing it in my garden this year.

I needed more ideas for lunch, crackers.  
 ground sunflower and pumpkin seeds, an egg, butter and salt
put in the oven and bake for 20 min.
 MAYO- for tuna and egg salad

 ranch dressing





  Our table runner, the kids and I made this a few years ago.



 For lunch this week we had crackers, tuna and cheese Some of us skipped the tuna-gross
remember I tried fish and still dislike it!

 but the kiddos really loved the crackers with peanut butter and bananas!  Even COZI!

 Today's science experiment on taste:  we checked to see if the we could taste sour, salty, sweet and bitter on the places the scientists use to believe where we taste these 4 ways.  Hannelora and Analise tasted salty where sweet was believed to be.  It doesn't matter, it was fun to do.

lemon juice, cocoa powder(bitter), salt and honey


 Can you guess what they are tasting?




 so excited, I think she is tasty salt here....
 lemon juice of course!




 

No comments: