Sunday, January 20, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

Wow, what a crazy week and weekend.  School, new carpet and a tons to move as we get the kids' rooms ready.  I will have to show pictures of everyone's bedrooms next time.  I even managed to cook.  Phew!  Everyone's appetites are still huge!  So far we have eaten 13 dozen eggs and I have 4 dozen more until next payday.  Is it possible? The amount of veggies we eat is amazing as well.  Slim pickens too.  We have been on GAPS 3 weeks on Tuesday.  Cozi had a slight cold again this week but seems to be doing much better.  Cozi and Hannelora say they have a lot more energy.  So I guess that is an improvement.  Nathan is still complaining about enjoying his food. Fights and whining haven't eased up. I am still hoping as we still give our many talks of getting a long and learning to deal with each other.   Cozi and Sebastian are lamenting about eating out and sugar.  Bjorn and Hannelora are the only ones who love it.  My two bookends.  I wish the middle children would like it too.  I guess I can't complain because I still miss so much of the foods and ease still.  Oh well...

Chicken enchiladas:  I made my own sauce and we used GAPS tortillas (they are much like thin egg pancakes)  They were really good.  I have another in the freezer:)
steamed cauliflower


Sat. morning, I knew we needed as little clean up as possible because of all the furniture moving.  So I made Chile Relleno bake.  It is basically eggs, sausage(homemade) and cheese.
 with oranges and bananas


 Chili, almost wasn't enough!
 salad


 Sunday's breakfast: eggs, oranges and banana bread


lunch: toasted cheese sandwiches on GAPS tortillas/ cheese slices/ carrots


Dinner:  broiled veggies

A no-no, rice- not GAPS friendly.   Nathan is sick of veggies as sides, so I at least made it healthy with chicken broth and my own spices.


 Basil/Garlic steak shish kabobs- I don't think we are suppose to grill, something about carcinogens.  Wanted to have Nathan enjoy is meat tonight!
 
 Cozi's plate



I just had to add this:  We were throwing away Cozi's bashed up dresser. These are the labels she had in her drawers.  Left to right:  weekend jeans, weekend tops...

 school jeans, school tops...
 under tops, jam-jams!

I can't wait to see what she writes next....








No comments: