Thursday, January 10, 2013

Is it die-off or the flu?

The really frustrating part about GAPS is trying to figure out what our die-off symptoms are(detox) or if it is the actual flu.  Cozi felt terrible last night before dinner and has slowly recovered today.  Nathan on the other hand is miserable.  He is always running to the bathroom and his stomach hurts very much.  He also feels nauseous. He has barely eaten for the last 2 days.  My friend Teresa (who has been on GAPS for over a 1 1/2), reminded me it could possibly take up to 3 weeks to actually see real results.  She told me she gave her kids grace for the first month.  She said her kids acted horrible, felt yucky and were emotionally upset a lot.  I felt much relieved because we have been on it for 10 days and I haven't seen much progress. Just a lot of negative behavior.   No wonder Bjorn is more fussy and whiny, he is only 4 1/2 and he can't explain his feelings very well.  I hardly can keep my emotions at bay.  Teresa told me to give everyone Epson salt baths and for nausea/upset bellies- heat water with fresh ginger and honey.  I believe it helped Cozi last night.


I skipped taking pictures if they are the same from my earlier blogging.  For dinner last night:  We had Guacamole Burgers/Southwestern Squash and Onions.  I never really cared for squash before, but it was really good.  It was smothered in butter, onions and anaheim peppers.  The guacamole was out of this world.  Super good.  Get this, I cooked 3 lbs of venison, but we at least got to each lunch off it.  Nice!  (Some of the kids thought they needed mustard to go with their hamburger, since they can't eat ketchup.  I need to find a really good recipe so I am not wasting my time.)

Ewwww Squash!  Not Analise's fav.
 Nor Bjorns
 Yuck!




Tonight I was literally scared.  I do not like fish, but Nathan and I figured we should do it right if they tell us we should.  So here was my very first attempt at making Fried Cod/broccoli.  It wasn't very fishy, but I still didn't like it.  I felt kinda creeped out.  Nathan and Hannelora loved it however.  I suppose I will have to keep trying it. Who knows, maybe I will learn to like it?  I was proud of myself for at least trying.  

No comments: