Thursday, January 3, 2013

This is Tough

 Day 2:                                        Berry Muffins/Green Smoothie                             


Veggie Chicken wraps



Orange Chicken/ Green Beans
 I had major sugar cravings.  So I ate an apple and a handful on nuts.  Unfortunately, it didn't do the trick.  At least I was pooped and went to be around 9:30.  I felt like I was in the kitchen all day...



 Day 3:                  This is actually lunch, I don't know how the pictures got switched.
                                                       Turkey Burgers/vegetables/cuties


Breakfast: Grain free Granola with homemade yogurt/melon


Tacos Salad-  ahhhhh...  was wonderfully enjoyed by everyone, especially me.
Day 3, I'm having thoughts of quitting.  Is it worth it?  I am tired of always thinking ahead for the next meal.  I can't seem to get anything else done and I haven't even started home school yet.  I know I will eventually find my tempo, but I miss my comfort food bad!  I would love to have the ease of making sandwiches.  I would love to eat tortilla chips or sink my teeth into chocolate.  I hope this goes away because I am wanting everything familiar back.  

The food isn't too bad, the kids have been on board fairly well, it is me.  Maybe this is withdrawals from eating no sugar but honey and fruit.  Bjorn has been very whiny and complaining about his tummy.  I think he is constipated.  I don't know how, he is eating tons of fruits and veg.   The kids seem to be hungry more and I am afraid I am not making enough.  Which is a stresser in itself.  I am going to have to make more plus spend more.  I am hoping it is just our bodies are learning to process proteins instead of so many carbs.  At least I can start over fresh tomorrow.  New mind, attitude and goals!

2 comments:

My Snapshot said...

Amber, I am so impressed. Don't give up yet. Make double of the muffins, orange chicken, etc...so you don't have to spend as much time cooking next time. :) You go girl!

My Snapshot said...

Amber, I am so impressed. Don't give up yet! Make double of the stuff you can freeze--muffins, chicken, etc--so you don't have to spend so much time in the kitchen next time! You go girl!