Saturday, April 6, 2013

Getting the kiddos ready for intro!

Ever since I did intro, I wanted my kiddos to do it.  Hannelora and Analise already wanted to do it when I began intro a few weeks ago.  Their birthdays got in the way, and they didn't want to give up cake!  Hee, hee!

Cozi is the one pulling the biggest stink.  Probably because she is the one who needs it the most!  So today, I cooked my little heart out.  5 soups, 2 chickens and broth.  I still have 2 more chickens to cook up, next week so I can have on going broth.

It was so hard for me because I didn't have the variety, I am prepared now!  We are going to do a little bit of school, but only the stuff we have classes for and reading.  We will begin Monday.  We will see how long we can get through this.  I am hoping no longer than a 1 1/2- 2 weeks. (For me, I will eat everything they are, but I will eat other stuff as I can not lose any weight.  Nathan didn't say anything so he will be eating regular GAPS.  He will do soups though.  He likes soup.)

Chicken Pot pie- so good
 I thought we would never be able to eat this on GAPS.  I just made the crust with almond flour.


Mind blowing science!  Zeb asked daddy to do some science experiments with him this week.  I think they both enjoyed it. 





Soups for next week:  Ham soup, I made this last week, it is already in the freezer

 2 different chicken soups:  Chilly-Day chicken soup and Chunky Chicken soup

On the right hand side is pureed acorn squash for the winter squash bars.  They can have them on stage 3.



 Little buddy was so excited I was too busy to put him down for a nap.  He thinks he is as big as the rest of his siblings.  His little body is taking a siesta.



 He is so yummy!  I wish I could take a nap too!  Back to cooking!
 3 hamburger (venison) soups:  Easy beef soup, Southwest bean soup and Italian lentil soup.  The last 2 the kiddos can't eat on intro because of the lentils and beans.  That is ok, they will be eating soup mainly for breakfast and lunch, broth throughout the day and boiled meat and veggies for dinner.  I will blog what they have every day.  I am happy to have a head start.  Unfortunately, I have been in the kitchen all day and it is almost time to make dinner!  UGH! 



No comments: